TIdBiT – TI BASIC Translator
Quick details, more write-up to come:
- No line numbers allowed, they will be assigned
- Labels can consist of A-Z, a-z, 0-9, _, and -. They can be any length, but a maximum line length is 256 characters. Label “definitions” must start a line and end with a single colon. Labels can be referenced any place a line number can be used, currently: THEN, ELSE, [ON]GOTO, [ON]GOSUB, and ON ERROR.
- Comments are stripped from the code. Comments are any line that start with REM or // (C/C++ style single line comment notation). XB also has a “trailing comment” designated by a ! that causes the rest of the line to be ignored. These comments will be stripped as well.
- Leading space is ignored so you can indent as much as you like.
- Long lines can be split by ending a line with .. (double period). These lines will be joined into one long line and the XB limit of 140 characters will be checked.
- Starting line numbers and the increment can be set.